Traffic Update: 238th Drive Project
During construction, 238th Drive is closed to through traffic from Arata Road to Oregon Street. Access is maintained for neighbors who live between Arata Road and Oregon Street. Through traffic should use alternate routes on main roads such as Halsey St., Glisan St., 223rd Ave., 257th Dr., and avoid residential side streets.
- Curbs and Sidewalks – New curbs and sidewalks are being built at the north end of the project near the entrance to Treehill condominiums. Additional work is taking place near the top of the hill to the south.
- Utilities – Multnomah County Transportation is working with Comcast to remove their concrete-encased pipe that is in conflict with where the retaining wall will be built on the east side of the road. Street with ADA ramps at corners.
- Stormwater – Installation of an underground pipe to carry stormwater down the 238th Drive hill continues.
- Retaining Wall – Excavation for the wall along the east side of 238th Drive begins June 4. The gabion wall will feature rows of stacked steel baskets filled with rocks. A concrete slab built along the top of the wall will support a parapet and railing.
- Curbs and Planters – Starting June 1, crews will start building sections of curb, gutter and planters where trees will be planted and stormwater treated along both sides of 238th Drive.
If the weather is good, the contractor typically works on Saturdays, from 8 am to 7 pm. No work is scheduled on Sundays or on Memorial Day, May 31st. Depending on how much work is completed this week, the contractor may not work this Saturday, May 29th. For project information, sign-ups for updates, or to contact the project team visit: multco.us/238th.