- City Councilors are elected every four years from the City at large.
- The Councilors choose who will serve as the Mayor from among themselves every 2 years.
- Regular City Council meetings are typically held on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m. at City Hall.
- City Council meetings are open to the public. Attendance is encouraged.
- The City Council serves on a volunteer basis and do not have offices at City Hall.
Meet your Council members
- Scott Harden: Mayor – Term Ends 12/31/20
- Patricia Smith Council President – Term Ends 12/31/20
- Bruce Nissen – Term Ends 12/31/22
- John Miner – Term Ends 12/31/22
- Vacant: Position #5
City Council Goals
Goal 1: A safe, clean, livable community with a sense of pride, quality housing, and strong identity.
Goal 2: Excellent police, fire and building services.
Goal 3: High Quality, cost-effective public utilities, parks and events.
Goal 4: Long-term financial stability, economic vitality and growth.
Goal 5: A work environment that develops and encourages employees and rewards their creativity and innovation.
Goal 6: Effective local, state and regional partnerships.
Goal 7: Environmental responsibility.