Members of the Parks Commission serve as advisors to the City Council on the development, operation, and maintenance of city park facilities and recreation services for the public. The Committee’s responsibilities include recommending an adequate system of recreation areas and facilities and reviewing the effectiveness of the City’s parks and recreation program in meeting the public need.
The Committee consists of 1 City Councilor, 1 Planning Commissioner, and 5 citizen members appointed by the City Council. Each member serves a 2-year term. The Committee meets as needed.
- Catherine Johnston, Citizen Member – Term Ends 12/31/2023
- Diandre Robinson, Citizen Member – Term Ends 7/27/2023
- Jairo Rios-Campos, Council Liaison
- Jim Mott, Planning Commission Representative
- Lynnea Amend, Citizen member – Term Ends 12/31/2023
- Mary Clark, Citizen Member – Term Ends 12/31/2023
- Mark Clark, Citizen Member – Term Ends 12/31/2023
- Patricia Smith, Citizen Member – Term Ends 12/31/2023
How Do I Apply?
City Council reviewed applications in December 2022 and appointed new members in January 2023.
Future openings will be posted on our Current Openings page.