If you are a rental property owner, the City of Wood Village requires that you purchase an annual rental license. Please contact City Hall (503) 667-6211 when you purchase property that will be used for rental purposes.
The City of Wood Village also has a Rental Inspection Program.
Rental Property License & Fees
- Wood Village’s Municipal Code, Chapter 5.20 requires all rental property owners to pay an annual license fee of $20 per rental unit located within the City.
- Invoices are typically mailed each year in December.
- If a rental unit is maintained and held for 180 days or less in a calendar year, the license fee is prorated to equal ½ of the calculated fee.
- The annual fee is established by resolution of the City Council.
- See the master fee schedule for more information.
Delinquent Water & Sewer Charges on Rental Property
- Wood Village Municipal Code, Chapters 13.04 and 13.12 designate the property owner as ultimately responsible for any delinquent water and sewer user fees incurred by the tenant.
- Notice will be sent to the property owner when a tenant’s utility account is delinquent, and the property is facing a potential shut-off.
- We make every effort to collect from the tenant for services provided before requiring payment from the property owner.
- Please notify the City immediately when tenants change to update our records.
- You are welcome to leave the utility billing in your name, therefore, always knowing the status of payment for the property.