The following statement was issued by Waste Management regarding the services they provide to the City of Wood Village:
At Waste Management, we are committed to putting people first. The health and safety of our employees, customers and communities is our highest priority.
- Based on the latest information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), and federal, state and local agencies, Waste Management is taking necessary steps in response to social distancing recommendations, potential mitigation activity, and declared local states of emergency.
- Effective March 18, 2020, we are temporarily closing residential call centers to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19). Update: As of March 30, 2020, Waste Management has resumed residential call handling.
- We are actively coordinating remote operations to serve our customers during this situation with the goal of resuming residential call handing as soon as possible.
- At this time, there is no impact to your scheduled residential collection service.
- For the most up-to-date service information, please encourage residents to visit Pacific Northwest website
- The COVID-19 situation is evolving daily. As circumstances change that may impact our ability to provide services as scheduled, we will provide updates to our customers and communities.