Northeast Arata Road construction update for September 4, 2020.
A contractor is working on final improvements on Northeast Arata Road in the City of Wood Village as part of a total rebuild of the road between Northeast 223rd Avenue and Northeast 238th Drive. The remaining work is at the west end of the road between Northeast 223rd Avenue and Northeast Wood Village Boulevard where a culvert carries No Name Creek under Arata Road.
- Backfilling was completed behind the new headwall of the culvert
- Concrete was poured for the new sidewalk above the culvert
- A sediment barrier was installed for erosion control along the top of the bank of the creek to prevent erosion prior to seeding
- Flaggers direct two-way traffic during weekday daytime work hours with one lane closed if needed while punch list work is being completed
- The north sidewalk is closed between 223rd Ave and Wood Village Boulevard due to the sidewalk curing on the north side of Arata Road; the south sidewalk is open
- Installation of fencing along the culvert headwall will be completed this month
- Plantings and seeding will be completed by the end of October
- Final punch list work continues
No update next week. For more information visit the Multnomah County website.