Northeast Arata Road construction update for August 28, 2020
A contractor is working on final improvements on Northeast Arata Road in the City of Wood Village as part of a total rebuild of the road between Northeast 223rd Avenue and Northeast 238th Drive. The remaining work is at the west end of the road between Northeast 223rd Avenue and Northeast Wood Village Blvd where a culvert carries No Name Creek under Arata Road.
- Headwall concrete for culvert outlet poured last week
- Concrete forms for headwall were removed
- Backfilling soil behind the headwall has started
- Rip rap rock in the creekbed near the culvert outlet is being reinstalled
- Flagging direct two-way traffic during weekday daytime work hours with one lane closed
- The north sidewalk is closed between 223rd Avenue and Wood Village Boulevard due to the culvert work on the north side of Arata Road; the south sidewalk is open
- Backfilling behind the culvert headwall continues next week
- Installation of rip rap rock in the creekbed continues next week
- Preparation work for sidewalk installation continues
- Installation of the north sidewalk and planters will be completed in September
- Final punch list work begins next week
For more information, visit the Multnomah County website.