Bake the Pumpkin Fest Award winning pie at home with this recipe.
Pie Crust Filling Recipe
- 1 to 8 ounce package of cream cheese
- 1 to 15 ounce can of pumpkin
- ½ cup melted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 3 and ¼ cups of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg or pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese for 5 minutes until light and fluffy, scraping down the sides often with a spatula. A whisk works best to whip the cream cheese.
- Add pumpkin and mix for another 5 minutes
- Add melted butter and vanilla and mix for 1 minute
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well with each addition
- Add powdered sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg or pumpkin spice, and salt
- Pour filling into pie crust (recipe below or use your own)
- Bake for 15 minutes. Lower the temperature to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 42-18 minutes. Watch carefully to ensure crust does not burn.
- Remove from oven, and cover with foil or a pie cover, and let chill in refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Serve with whip cream or ice cream.
Pie Crust Recipe
- ½ cup cold butter
- 1 and ¼ cups flour
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- ½ tablespoon vinegar
- Stir together flour and salt. Slice butter into small pieces and add to flour mixture. Pulse until a coarse meal forms.
- Slowly add water and vinegar, and pulse until the mixture starts to form together
- Press dough into a ball, wrap, and let chill for 30 minutes to 2 hours
- Unwrap the dough and form into a crust
- Place into a pie pan