Being prepared and staying informed of current conditions. Here are some ways you can stay informed:
- Pay attention to wireless emergency alerts for local alerts and warnings sent by state and local public safety officials.
- Listen to local officials when told to evacuate or shelter in place.
- Download the FEMA app and get weather alerts from the National Weather Service.
- Sign up for Public Alerts & Flash Alerts under the Emergency Notifications tab.
- Always bring pets indoors at the first sign or warning of a storm or disaster.