Road Construction Update: Arata Road
NE Arata Road construction update for August 21, 2020
A contractor is working on final improvements on NE Arata Road in the City of Wood Village as part of a total rebuild of the road between NE 223rd Ave. and NE 238th Drive.
The remaining work is at the west end of the road, between NE 223rd Ave. and Wood Village Blvd. The work is considered “in water work” and environmental rules only allow the work to take place in summer when water levels in No Name Creek are low.
The contractor is extending two culvert pipes that carry the creek under Arata Road. One is 21 inches wide, while the other is 42 inches wide. After the pipes are extended, a concrete headwall will be built where the pipes exit under the north side of the road, to support the 10-foot wide path above. The final work will add the last section of the concrete path.
Other Recent Work
- Removed water from work zone and diverted creek
- Removed existing riprap rock from creek. These are rocks installed to stabilize the creek bed and reduce erosion.
- Excavated for culvert headwall
- Poured concrete for headwall footing
- Installed steel rebar for headwall
- Extended culvert pipes
- County crew removed weeds along path
- Flaggers direct two-way traffic during working hours with one lane closed
- The north sidewalk is closed between NE 223rd Ave. and Wood Village Blvd.
- The contractor will pour the concrete headwall section today after all rebar and form work is completed. The form box holds the wet concrete in place while it cures or hardens.
- After the headwall concrete is to strength next week, the contractor will add backfill
- Riprap rock will be reinstalled in creek
- Preparation work for the north sidewalk installation
- Install north sidewalk and planters
For more information: www.multco.us/arata