We actively encourage resident and business participation at all levels. From attending City Council meetings to participating in special workshops or volunteering at events, we want you to be part of the community.
- City Council: 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month at 6 PM unless otherwise stated
- Planning Commission: Meet as needed – Check the City’s Calendar for dates
- Parks Commission: Meet as needed – Check the City’s Calendar for dates
- Urban Renewal Board: Meet as needed – Check the City’s Calendar for dates
- Budget Committee: Meet as needed – often in the Spring – Check the City’s Calendar for dates – VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
Community events help bring everyone together to celebrate not just our collective identity as residents of Wood Village, but to share cultural identities, customs, and practices with one another. In addition, these events help connect residents and guests with area services, organizations, and businesses. We recognize the low-income nature of the community, which is why we strive to have events that can be attended and enjoyed at no cost.
- Easter Egg Hunt: Saturday before Easter
- City Garage Sale Weekend: 3rd weekend in June
- City Cleanup Day: Saturday following Garage Sale Weekend
- City Nite Out: 3rd Friday in July
- Great Pumpkin Fest: Last Saturday in October
- Tree Lighting: 1st Saturday in December
We welcome your financial and in-kind support for our events. View the Event Sponsorship and Donation Packet (PDF)