Pumpkin Fest Award Winning Pie Recipe
Bake the Pumpkin Fest Award winning pie at home with this recipe:
1 – 8 ounce package of cream cheese
1 – 15 ounce can of pumpkin
1/2 cup melted butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 and 1/4 cups of powdered sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg or pumpkin pie spice
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese for 5 minutes until light and fluffy, scraping down the sides often with a spatula. A whisk works best to whip the cream cheese.
- Add pumpkin and mix for another 5 minutes
- add melted butter and vanilla and mix for 1 minute
- add eggs one at a time, mixing well with each addition
- add powdered sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg or pumpkin spice, and salt
- Pour filling into pie crust (recipe below or use your own)
- Bake for 15 minutes. Lower the temperature to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 42-18 minutes. Watch carefully to ensure crust does not burn.
- Remove from oven, and cover with foil or a pie cover, and let chill in refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Serve with whip cream or ice cream.
Pie Crust Recipe:
1/2 cup cold butter
1 and 1/4 cups flour
2 tablespoons cold water
1/2 tablespoon vinegar
- Stir together flour and salt. Slice butter into small pieces and add to flour mixture. Pulse until a coarse meal forms.
- slowly add water and vinegar, and pulse until the mixture starts to form together
- press dough into a ball, wrap, and let chill for 30 minutes to 2 hours
- Unwrap the dough and form into a crust
- Place into a pie pan