The Assistant to the City Manager assists the City Manager and City management staff in researching, planning, implementing, directing and evaluating the policies, programs and operations of the City; coordinates community outreach and engagement efforts and initiatives; serves as clerk to the City Council and Elections Officer for the City; performs a variety of personnel and administrative duties within a broad human resources system; and performs a variety of routine and complex analytical, administrative and technical work; does related work as required.
Core duty areas include:
- Provides administration, research, and technical activities for City administration, including drafting RFP’s and grants for various needs, attending meetings on behalf of the City, drafting resolutions and ordinances, prepares or assists in the preparation of a variety of studies, reports and related information for decision-making purposes, and researching various topics as directed.
- Directs, plans, oversees, and manages City sponsored events and programs. Duties include event planning, soliciting for donations, funds and volunteers, managing the day-of event activities, and providing reports and updates to the City Council and management team as directed.
- Oversees the City’s website and social media presence and postings. Provides timely updates and information on all City web and information platforms and provides training for other key team members to post and update web and social media content.
- Performs a variety of personnel and administrative duties within a broad human resources system such as recruitment, orientation, training, conflict resolution, department support, classification and compensation, benefits, and collective bargaining.
- Serves as City Recorder. Attends all City Council meetings, prepares minutes of Council and other public meetings as directed, and compiles agenda packets. Executes documents and licenses as City Recorder.
First review of applications: November 15th
- Until Filled