Garbage & Recycling
Holiday Recycling and Garbage Service
Garbage and recycling are collected on all holidays except Christmas and New Year’s Day.
If your collection day falls on or after Christmas or New Year’s Day, collection will be one day later that week with Friday customers being serviced on Saturday.
Curbside Waste Management customers may recycle trees in place of regular yard debris set out at no extra charge. Trees over 6 feet tall must be cut in half. There will be an extra fee of $4.84 for any additional yard waste collected the same week as your tree. Flocked trees are accepted as extra garbage pickup for a $4.84 fee per six-foot sections. Trees with tinsel or ornaments may not be recycled; remove those items. Don’t have curbside service, use the Find a Recyler Tool from Metro to find an easy option.
Questions about what Holiday items are and are not Recyclable? Use this great handout to learn more! (PDF)
Waste Less & Recycle Right
Not sure what stuff goes in the recycle bin? When in doubt, find out.
See our Recycling Guide (PDF).
What’s bad for the bin?
- Tangles. Stuff that tangles and clogs sorting machines; Hoses, cords, clothes
- Film. Plastic wrap and bags. No bagged recyclables
- Hazardous material. Batteries, propane tanks, needles, paint.
- Yuck. Foods, liquids, diapers and pet waste
- Wishful. Clamshells, straws, to-go containers and cups.