All Neighborhood Streets are maintained by the City.
Halsey Street, Glisan Street, 238th Drive, and Arata Road are arterial streets maintained by Multnomah County.
Efforts continue to preserve City streets. The annual investment supports the City’s effort to maintain a high pavement condition index (PCI) standard. The City of Wood Village current PCI is 75, rating Satisfactory.
Summer 2023 Streets
Streets Scheduled for Paving
What to Expect During Construction
The contractor, City project team and inspectors will be on site. We will make every effort to minimize impacts.
- Work hours are 7:30 am – 5:00 pm for neighborhood streets.
- The City will leave a minimum 24-hour notice on your door before work begins. The street must be clear of vehicles or other materials.
- Watch for no parking signs. Vehicles may be towed to the parking lot at Wood Village City Hall & Civic Center if left on the street at the time of paving.
- Mail and package delivery will continue during construction.
- Garbage haulers will be notified.
- Prior to construction, locate crews may mark the street to indicate the location of underground utilities.
- Weather can impact schedules.
Monday, October 2, 2023: Our contractor will be applying slurry seal on NE 237th Avenue, NE 231st Court, NE Shannon St, and NE Shannon Ct. The City asks community members to avoid driving on the impacted roads for at least 5 hours after application and to drive slowly on these streets for a few days following.
Friday, October 6, 2023: Make-up day in case of inclement weather
The City’s winter response route consists of 2 categories for residential streets:
- Priority 1 – Hills, steep grades, and intersections
- Priority 2 – Residential streets and the City Park
Multnomah County Transportation maintains arterial streets: Glisan, 223rd, Halsey, 238th, Arata, Wood Village Boulevard, and Sandy Boulevard. See current updates on the county’s Snow and Ice Plan page.Snow & Ice Routes
Street lights are maintained by Portland General Electric (PGE).Report Outage
- 21-Sandy Blvd/223rd Bus Line – Services NE 223rd Avenue and Sandy Boulevard and runs from the Parkrose Transit Center to the Gresham Central Transit Center
- 77-Broadway/Halsey Bus Line – Services NE Halsey Street and runs from Montgomery Park to Troutdale