Members of the Parks and Recreation Committee serve as advisers to the City Council on the development, operation and maintenance of city park facilities and recreation services for the public. The Committee’s responsibilities include recommending an adequate system of recreation areas and facilities and reviewing the effectiveness of the City’s parks and recreation program in meeting the public need.
The Committee consists of one City Councilor, one Planning Commissioner, and five citizen members appointed by the City Council. Each member serves a two-year term. The Committee meets as needed.
- Charles Crowder, Citizen Member – Term Ends 12/31/22
- Catherine Johnston, Citizen Member – Term Ends 12/31/21
- Diandre Robinson, Citizen Member – Term Ends 7/27/2023
- Jairo Rios-Campos, Council Liaison
- Jim Mott, Planning Commission Representative – Term Ends 12/31/22
- Mary Clark, Citizen Member – Term Ends 12/31/21
- Mark Clark, Citizen Member – Term Ends 12/31/21
- Patricia Smith, Citizen Member – Term Ends 12/31/23