East County Resolution’s Basic Mediation Training Course helps people learn the conflict resolution skills necessary to resolve many different problems.
- Being a mediator is rewarding; knowing how to work through issues and conflict is a great skill to have.
- The tools learned in this 48-hour course are useful in work groups, businesses, neighborhoods and families.
- The training includes working with people individually over the phone, and in face-to-face meetings.
People of all ages, ethnicity and backgrounds are welcome. People who are bilingual (Spanish or Russian and English) are encouraged to apply.
East County Resolutions also gives workshops to organizations, neighborhood associations, businesses, church groups and the community on topics such as:
- Communication and conflict resolution
- Styles of conflict resolution
- Brain science and conflict resolution
- Revisiting Red Riding Hood: different perspectives
- Forgiveness: freedom from your past
Negotiation for win-win solutions
There is no cost for local residents to attend workshops. Non-local residents pay $10.