UTILITY FEES & CHARGES 2023
City Utility Services
- Wastewater (sewer)
- Stormwater Management
- City Streets
Understanding Your Bill
- Utility Bills are sent on the last weekday of each month
- Flat Fee: a standard fee for water, sewer, street/storm
- Usage Fee: an additional fee based on water used
- Late Fee: 5% (if payment not received before penalty date noted on bill)
- Online Bill Pay (additional service fee)
- Direct Bank Payment *
- City Hall Offices (Mon-Fri. 8:00am-4:30pm)
- Drop Box (located by flagpole at City Hall)
New to town? Or just moving down the street?
Please notify us as soon as possible of the date you want to close your account. This will help ensure that our public works crew is available to read the meter on the day you have requested so that you will not be charged for any services that might accrue after you move out.
Example Utility Bill
- Mailed August 31st
- Due September 15th
- Late Fee September 25th
- Arrangement/Payment Deadline October 24th
- Shutoff Date October 25th
How to Avoid Shutoff
- A shutoff notice will be sent out several days prior to the City shutting off service for non-payment.
- The shutoff day is one month after a late penalty was assessed.
- Payment arrangements can be made any time BEFORE the shutoff day.
What Happens After Shutoff
- If payment is not received before the shut-off day you will be assessed a fee of $50.00.
- The assessed fee and the past due balance with all penalties must be paid in full before service will be restored.
- There is also a fee of $250 for cutting a water meter lock or tampering with a water meter.