Permits & Inspections


A permit is needed to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move or change the occupancy of a building or structure, or to erect, install, enlarge, alter, repair, convert or replace any electrical, gas, mechanical or plumbing system.  Please call 503-667-6211 or email the Building Department to find out if you need a permit for your project.

When you obtain a permit, a certified inspector ensures the work is done safely and to code.


The City of Wood Village issues the following permits:


The City of Wood Village requires a permit to keep chickens.  View information on keeping Chickens in the City.


Inspections are performed daily between 8:30 am – 3:30 pm.  Most inspections can be conducted the next business day after a request is received. Please call City Hall at 503-489-6861 or 503-489-6859 to schedule an inspection.

Rental Housing Inspection Program