Gresham Fire and Emergency Services provides life safety services to city residents and contract districts for residents living in the cities of Fairview, Troutdale, Wood Village and areas of unincorporated Multnomah County.

Gresham Fire Logo

  • East Multnomah County burn line: 503-618-3083
  • Always call the burn line before burning
  • Gresham Fire and the Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) govern all outdoor burning
  • There are 10 allowable backyard burn days in the spring and 10 in the fall, on Wednesdays and Saturdays, if DEQ deems burning is allowed for those days
  • Violation of burning and air quality regulations may be subject to citation or fines from the Gresham Fire and DEQ
  • Property owners may be held liable for firefighting costs or damage to neighboring property or structures because of unsafe burning practices
  • To report illegal or unsafe burning, call 503-823-3333

  • Backyard burning is only recommended for those without the ability to dispose of yard debris in another way
  • While backyard burning is allowed on certain days, it negatively impacts air quality and can be harmful to sensitive populations, including children, the elderly and people with asthma
  • The City’s yard debris collection program offers weekly pickup of leaves and branches four inches or less in diameter


Printable home fire escape plan (English) and home fire escape plan (Spanish).

Fire Safety Home Checklist (English & Spanish)

Fire Safety for KidsSparky’s School House

Medical Emergency Refrigerator Card

Every second counts when you need help. Providing easy access to your medical information can make all the difference. But how can you provide medical information if you are unconscious or can’t communicate?

Medical Emergency Refrigerator Card

Provides responders with valuable information concerning your health and past medical history.

The form should:

  • Be shared with your health care provider so the information is accurate
  • Updated when starting or stopping medication
  • Updated if there are changes in your health status

Smoke & Carbon Dioxide Alarm Program

If you own your home and are low income or elderly, and don’t have a smoke alarm, need replacement batteries or don’t have a carbon monoxide alarm, call 503-618-2355.