If you are a rental property owner, the City of Wood Village requires that you purchase an annual rental license. Please contact City Hall (503)-667-6211 when you purchase property that will be used for rental purposes.
The City of Wood Village also has a Rental Inspection Program.
Rental property license
- Wood Village’s Municipal Code, Chapter 5.20 requires all rental property owners to pay an annual license fee of $20.00 per rental unit located within the City.
- Invoices are typically mailed each year in December.
- If a rental unit is maintained and held for 180 days or less in a calendar year, the license fee is prorated to equal one half of the calculated fee.
Delinquent water and sewer charges on rental property
- Wood Village Municipal Code, Chapters 13.04 and 13.12 designate the property owner as ultimately responsible for any delinquent water and sewer user fees incurred by the tenant.
- Notice will be sent to the property owner when a tenant’s utility account is delinquent and the property is facing potential shut off.
- We make every effort to collect from the tenant for services provided before requiring payment from the property owner.
- Please notify the City immediately when tenants change so that we can update our records.
- You are, of course, welcome to leave the utility billing in your name therefore always knowing the status of payment for the property.