Arata Road Construction: April 8th
Arata Road will be back under construction starting April 8th
Contractor Wildish Standard Paving is scheduled to resume construction on NE Arata Road between NE 223rd Ave. and NE 238th Drive in the cities of Fairview and Wood Village starting Monday, April 8. The work is part of a complete rebuild and redesign of the road that began in spring 2018. Construction was halted over the winter due to weather.
- Starting on April 8, the construction traffic plan on NE Arata Road will be:
- From NE 223rd Ave. to Wood Village Blvd.: One-way westbound, sidewalk open on south side.
- From Wood Village Blvd. to NE 238th Drive: One way eastbound, sidewalk open on south side.
The temporary traffic pattern will remain in place until road construction is complete this summer.
When complete, the full length of Arata Road will include:
- Two lanes for motor vehicles
- A 10-foot wide shared-use path for pedestrians and bicyclists on the north side
- New 6-foot wide sidewalks on the south side
- A 5-foot wide water quality planter strip to treat stormwater runoff
Flaggers will direct traffic at times. Access will be maintained for residents, businesses and emergency vehicles. There will be brief delays (with prior notice) during paving near driveways.
For some trips, using alternate routes such as NE Halsey Blvd. and NE Glisan St. can avoid delays. The project will also require some construction work on NE Halsey St. west of NE 238th Drive related to drainage.
- Website: multco.us/arata
In Design Phase
NE 238th Dr. Safety Improvements (NE Halsey St. to NE Glisan St.)
This project will make it easier for trucks to navigate the curve on this steep section of 238th Dr. in Wood Village. It will improve access for other modes of transportation, including pedestrians and bicyclists.
- Traffic: The construction traffic plan will be developed during the design, which recently began.
- Schedule: Design work began in late spring 2017 and will continue in 2018. Construction could begin in 2019.
- Website: multco.us/238th
For more information on these and other Multnomah County road projects: