Arata Road Construction: May 1st
Multnomah County has a number of road projects coming to Wood Village, either in construction or in the design phase. Here’s a summary:
Construction in 2018
NE Arata Rd. Active Transportation Project – Begins May 1, 2018
The project will build out a complete new streetscape on Arata Road in Wood Village between NE 223rd Ave. and NE 238th Dr. Improvements include:
- 6-foot sidewalk on the south side and a 10-foot-wide concrete shared-use path for pedestrians and bicyclists on the north side.
- Drainage improvement
- Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacon on NE 223rd Ave.
- Add lighting, and repave road.
- Schedule: May 1st – October 31st
- Traffic will flow one-way eastbound from Wood Village Blvd. to NE 238th Drive and one-way westbound from Wood Village Blvd. to NE 223rd Ave.
- Flaggers will direct traffic at times.
- Access will be maintained for residents, businesses and emergency vehicles. Expect brief delays (with prior notice) during paving near driveways.
- Website: multco.us/arata
NE Sandy Blvd. Improvements (NE 230th to NE 238th)
Construction stated in April to convert a section of Sandy Blvd. in Wood Village to a modern urban street with turn lanes. It will include pavement and drainage improvements, new sidewalks and bike lanes, lighting, and enhancements to existing bus stops.
- Schedule: April -July
- Traffic: Two lanes of traffic will be maintained at most times. Flaggers will direct traffic on a single lane at times, and there may be brief closure of driveways, with notice, during paving.
- Click Here to view more information on this project
In Design Phase
NE 238th Dr. Safety Improvements (NE Halsey St. to NE Glisan St.)
This project will make it easier for trucks to navigate the curve on this steep section of 238th Dr. in Wood Village. It will improve access for other modes of transportation, including pedestrians and bicyclists.
- Traffic: The construction traffic plan will be developed during the design, which recently began.
- Schedule: Design work began in late spring 2017 and will continue in 2018. Construction could begin in 2019.
- Website: multco.us/238th
For more information on these and other Multnomah County road projects: