Comcast RISE Small Business Grants
Comcast RISE Returns
Comcast RISE is supporting the growth of all small businesses and entrepreneurs committed to uplifting their local communities. The program is built to help businesses and their communities thrive with a focus on economic growth. This year, Comcast RISE will award 500 recipients in five cities with a grant package that includes business consultation services, educational resources, monetary grant, creative production, media schedule, and a technology makeover.
What is Comcast RISE?
Comcast RISE stands for Representation, Investment, Strength and Empowerment. Comcast RISE was created in 2020 to help small businesses hardest hit by COVID-19 recover and thrive. During its initial two-year term, 13,000 small businesses were awarded with over $110 million in monetary, marketing, and technology grants. Using learnings from our first phase, we’re pleased to bring Comcast RISE back in expanded form in 2023. As small businesses transition from pandemic recovery to a focus on expansion and growth, Comcast will continue its efforts and help an even broader range of small businesses, while continuing to focus on diversity, inclusion, and community investment.
How to Apply
Eligible business owners can visit ComcastRISE.com to fill out an application. The application period will open on June 1, 2023, and close on June 30, 2023. Businesses that are selected to receive a grant will be notified in August 2023.
Please see below for a list of eligibility requirements. You do not need to be a Comcast, Effectv or Xfinity customer to be eligible.
- Owner is at least 18 years of age or older, and is the primary decision maker for, and is actively engaged in the day-to-day operation of the business
- No more than 100 full-time and part-time employees
- Established business operations for at least three calendar years
- Business has been revenue generating in the 12 months prior to the application window
- Registered to conduct business in one of following geographies:
- Baltimore, MD (City of Baltimore)
- Detroit, MI (Macomb County, Oakland County, Wayne County, Washtenaw County)
- Memphis, TN (Shelby County)
- Philadelphia, PA (Philadelphia County)
- Portland, OR (Multnomah County)
- Business is independently owned-and-operated (e.g., not a franchise location)
- Employees and independent contractors of Comcast Corporation, Ernst & Young, Hello Alice or Peirce College, and each of their respective parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries are not eligible to enter or win